Thursday, January 7, 2010

DIY Lady GaGa doll

lady-gaga-veik-barbie-dolls-1.jpg

Veik, a 29-year-old from Beijing has created quite a buzz lately with his Lady Gaga dolls, which he creates at home with ordinary materials (now that's some hobby). Perez Hilton caught wind of Veik's work and blogged about it, but fans of his Flickr page were on the bandwagon long before.



How long have you been designing dolls?

Instead of saying that I have been designing dolls, I've been playing with dolls since I was maybe 10 years old. I think of myself as more of a player than a designer. I have taken some of my experiences playing with dolls, like doing their makeup or hair, and now take photos of them and share my experiences online through Flickr.



Was Lady Gaga your first celebrity? If no, who else have you created a doll after?


No, Lady Gaga is not my first celebrity. In the 90s, I always dressed my dolls up like supermodels on the runway, like Naomi, Linda, and Kate. If you were to ask this question to a real doll lover, they would tell you that each of their dolls is a star itself. Each of my dolls are celebrities to me. We love them and never treat them like toys. Doll lovers always imagine that their dolls are celebrities, no matter how others think of them.



What or who inspires you?

Everything inspires me. Life itself is a great source of inspiration. I love fashion. I love Style.com. Everything about fashion has been inspiring me. If you mean which person or icon specifically, obviously Lady Gaga takes the stage right now. Since I've met more and more Lady Gaga fans (and not only doll collectors) through my Flickr, I don't want to let them down. I will keep on working to make better Lady Gaga dolls.

Continue reading Interview HERE


No comments: