Thursday, October 8, 2009

Paris Fashion Week: Oct 6th Alexander McQueen Spring 2010

[fashionweek.jpg]
[Frangipani+Flowers.jpg]
I don't know what world Alexander McQueen if from but I want to go, he is my all time favourite designer, and this was the collection I was most anxious to see and wow did I see something spectacular, everything this man does is more than just fashion its works of art, sculpture and technology somehow all rolled into one garment creating something that not only looks uniquely spectacular but very elegant. Each dress was a work of computer-generated art crossbred with McQueen's couture-based signature cut.

[fashionweek.jpg]

I love how with his collections he takes away the typical beauty of the models and women turning them away from what people would call a pretty girl, the underwater mutant style this season was so gorgeous it brought around a whole new perception of what pretty really is. There was nothing human about this collection yet somehow that is what gave me a connection to these looks. How does McQueen bring something so incredible every season, there really is no other designer like him, he is a one of a kind.



[fashionweek.jpg]


3 comments:

john2_el_mejor said...

I really like it!
Hey Clare! I need to talk with you! Can we chat on Stardoll???

user. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
user. said...

Lovely and creative. :)