Friday, July 31, 2009

The Teen Vogue Handbook: An Insider’s Guide to Careers in Fashion.

[4.jpg]
Teen Vogue is one of my favourite magazine's and about the only teen mag that anywhere interesting, it really focuses on fashion like vogue yet in a yong and more chick style way, its read world wide and is probably the best selling teen mag out there.
I'm super excited to say I just read that the people at Teen Vogue have created a book on careers in fashion, The Teen Vogue Handbook: An Insider’s Guide to Careers in Fashion.
Teen Vogue editor Amy Astley says, '“The book is a useful reference guide: how to build a portfolio, dress for an interview, and land an internship.”

The book is said to include:

· A Q&A with the king of cool, Marc Jacobs

· Words of wisdom from Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour

· Profiles of contributing photographers

· A list of essential beauty products from industry pros

· Advice from stylists and model scouts

· Practical advice from models, assistants and interns


Who else is dying to hear what the 'practical advice' from models is?

The release date is October 5th and is available for $25 for year 12+
do you think you will be purchasing this?

4 comments:

Stefz said...

Yes! Its my dream to work for Vogue/Teen Vogue, and this is just what I need!

soovintage said...

Obviously honey!
I want to be a fashion or jewellery designer OR a stylist OR work for Teen Vogue - like you said, the only interesting teenage magazine.
I'm SO HAPPY I'll go to the USA in January!!
Between this and the Seventeen Style Book, I believe you know my answer.

Ash & Rick said...

I actually have a casting for them next week[model] && Im pretty excited because my agent says there is a high chance I will get it! So yayy! (: Their shoots are sooo funn!

Liv said...

Yes! Its my dream to work for a Fashion Magazine!