Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vogue December 2008 editorial: Tales Of The Unexpected inspired by Roald Dahl

[1.jpg]

This is one of my absolute favourite Editorials and had been meaning to post it for some time,
From the Vogue December 2008 issue this editorial "Tales Of The Unexpected" is shot by Tim Walker featuring Featuring: Karen Elson Tim Burton, Helena Bonham-Carter, Dev Hynes, Georgia Jagger, Jamie Bell, Sophie Drake, Gareth Pugh, Jamie Campbell Bower, Peter Jensen, Alice Gibb, Aunt Sponge.

It is based on the incredible children novels Charlie and the chocolate factory, James and the giant peach, the Twits, The BFG, The minpins, and my favourite Revolting rhymes, written by Roald Dahl.

Roald Dahl was such a huge part of my life growing up, I learnt to read from his novels and me and my sister always used to put on plays for our Mum based on his stories especially his Revolting rhymes (you have to read them) anyhoo thats not the only reason i love this editorial the colours, clothing, lighting and poses are fabulous its just all round fun and enjoyable to gaze at.

3 comments:

r1ma said...

What the What?!!?!!

this is ridunculously good!

and the addition of helena and tim just blows my mind away!

although to be perfectly honest, I have a feeling Annie Liebowitz might have interpreted this better...she still can:-)

black vanilla rose said...

These pics are so amazing, where do you find all these jems? xxx

Margaret said...

loved the girl with crocodile XD