Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Christopher Kane Resort 2009


Christopher Kane presented his first ever pre-collection yesterday in London, at first glance they are just very pretty looking dresses with gorgeous mixtures of colours, but then it becomes clear the fabulous explosion of fashion right in front of your eyes (literally) with hyper-colored mushroom-cloud prints.

"I wanted something natural, but I'm so fed up with florals," he explained in his London studio. "And then I came across these images of nuclear test explosions from the fifties to the seventies on the Internet. I like the crazy-bright chemical colors. The way they're sinister but beautiful."
. "I wanted clean, sexy shapes that are quite easy to wear," he said

I'm really in love with the simplicity of this collection yet at the same time has so much detail and meaning, the colours are stunning and I adore the shapes, they really are perfect easy to wear clothes and I must say would really love to get my hands on one of these gorgeous pieces.

. "We didn't have any shoes, so we cobbled them together ourselves with gaffer tape and whatnot in the studio," he admits. "But I liked it, sort of walking on clouds!" - and wow I would have had no idea, the shoes are awesome, I would so wear these.


1 comment:

Hayley123 said...

i loveee the platform wedges !!
wear them at night & day... you know what?? i might be buying them... so gorguzz x